Trataka (त्रा टक) Kriya is a treasure mentioned in various scriptures of Yoga. It is an art to awaken the third eye - the inner eye of knowledge. It is one of the six cleansing techniques mentioned in the Hatha Yoga.The six techniques are: Neti (nasal cleansing), Basti (yogic enema),Dhauti (digestive tract and intestinal cleansing), Kapalabhati (breathing technique involving forced, short bursts of exhalation), Nauli (abdominal churning) and Trataka (eye cleansing and concentration).The term ‘Trataka’ has Sanskrit origin, which means “to gaze” or “to look.” Hence, it suggests staring at a single point, to focus on something continuously and restrain the tendency of oscillation.
|24 December 2022||07:00 PM - 08:30 PM||Online (Zoom)|
What you'll learn
- Cure all types of eye-related problems, e.g., eyestrain, headache,long and short-sightedness, astigmatism, etc.
- Eyes sight improves.
- Channelize the working of the nervous system in one direction
- Lowers the heart rate and respiration rate
- Improves peripheral blood circulation
- Increases Concentration and focus
- Quality of sleep gets better with Trataka practice
Who can join
- Anyone looking to cure all your eye problems
- Someone looking to improve concentration levels
- Anyone who wants to enhance their quality sleep
Things to keep handy
- A level stool / side table to place the candle to reach at eye level
- A diya can also be used
- A room with no disturbance and clean surroundings
Completed the workshop? What Next?..Looking to learn more on Yoga path?
- Self practise.
- Join our power yoga session (starting soon)
- Become an International Certified Yoga trainer (OR)
- Learn more about our Certification Courses.